Minor Abilities: New
Note that most of my powers pre-date Powers Unlimited™, a book I generally
like quite a bit, but I kept my stuff here 'cuz it ain't hurting anyone and has
some significant differences from the official material.
Bolts of force are emitted from the character, impacting the target and
causing damage as though an object were thrown. During character generation the
character must choose between two variations of this power: the force can either
be used as a narrow beam with long range or as a spherical wave with short
range. The spherical wave strikes all objects within the blast radius. A
character choosing this power twice can use both variations. It is possible (but
difficult) to use the narrow beams as propulsion; if the character doesn't root
himself to the ground he will be thrown backwards, taking half of the damage
caused by the blast. Either blast could be used to slow down a character while
falling; treat as a Roll with Fall.
Range: Narrow: 300 ft (91.5 m) maximum; Spherical: 5
ft (1.5 m) maximum
Damage: 2D6 + 1D6 for each level of
Special: Same as Energy Expulsion:
Melee: Each energy blast counts as one melee attack or
Bonuses: +3 to strike if an aimed shot, +1 to
strike if shooting wild; +1 to Roll with Fall, Punch, or Impact
- The character has an incredibly heightened metabolism. The character is
extremely "hyper," in constant motion. The character has to eat three times
the normal amount of food each day to maintain his energy level, but never
gains a bit of body fat.
- +2 Attacks per Melee
- +5 Initiative
- +2 Damage
- +30 Hit Points
- The character can also Jump or Leap twice as far as usual.
Limitations and Notes:
- If the character fails to eat at least 5000 calories in a day he is
distracted and suffers headaches and hunger pains. If the character fails to
eat the required food (3x Normal Amount) for more than one consecutive day he
loses the bonuses of this power, and is lethargic and stricken with sever
hunger and headache pain. Starting with the third consecutive ill-nutrition
day, the character loses an additional attack per melee and suffers -2 to all
combat rolls. These penalties are cumulative for every consecutive day without
enough food consumption. It takes as many days of eating the full amount to
gain full strength as it did to lose the bonuses.
- The character exudes a great deal of body heat, always feeling warm to the
Note: I adapted this power from that given in
Revised TMNT pg 46; it's a power available for mutant weasels. I like it a lot,
and it seems to be both appropriate to the game setting and commonly used by
- The character has very strong muscles and connective tissues in their
legs, facilitating super-powerful leaps.
- Vertical leaps have a maximum height (in feet) of the character's PS
attribute times two.
- Maximum horizontal distance (in feet) from a leap is the character's PS
attribute times three.
- Character can leap repeatedly as a method of travel, rather than running.
Maximum speed attribute is the character's PS attribute times the number of
actions per melee that character can take. The speed can be maintained for 1
minute for each point of PE attribute.
- Characters with Superhuman Strength can leap twice as far as
above; Characters with Supernatural Strength can leap three times as
- Automatic Leap Attack (damage is doubled), but the attack must be made
from at least five feet away.
- It's kind of silly, but I like this power. Good old Mortimer Toynbee
inspired me to write this one out....
- The character has extra-tough skin and muscles. This lends the character a
limited natural armor rating of 12. Attackers must roll a 13 or higher to
strike and inflict full damage. Damage done to the character by opponent's
Strength Category is:
||Roll under AR
||Roll over AR|
- + 3D6x10 SDC; +20 Hit Points
- + 2 PS, PE
- The character has a tail! Tails vary greatly in size and function between
different characters; players choose any
four of the following attributes. Selecting this power a second time
means four more tail attributes (or a second tail, if the player wants).
Tails are not prehensile unless that option is chosen below. Whip attack uses base melee combat
damage, +1 strike at levels 2, 5, 8, 10, 12, and 14.
Base Attributes: 1D4 feet long, 30 SDC (for tail)
- Balance: The tail grants +4 roll with punch, fall, or impact, +2
dodge, +15% to skills requiring balance such as acrobatics, gymnastics,
- Barbed: The tail is spiked or clubbed; +2D6 combat damage with tail
- Breakaway: The character can essentially cut off his tail by
flexing specialized muscles at the base, with only moderate pain. Grows back
1 foot per month....
- Fast: Character gets an additional attack per melee, for use only
with the tail.
- Heavily Muscled: The tail is thick and powerful; Tail has +10 PS,
- Long: Add 2+1D4 feet to length, +20 SDC to tail; character can
attempt to coil around victims, using base melee combat damage as a crushing
attack. This can be chosen multiple times, for extended length.
- Prehensile: Tail can be used as a partial hand, can hang from tail
(weight limit equal to character's carrying limit)
- Propeller: The tail adds 1D4x10 to swimming speed attribute
- Retractable: The tail has very few hard parts and a specialized
musculature, allowing it to retract to 20% of it's normal length.
- Scaled: Tail has Natural AR: 14, can be used to parry appropriate